




This will be my first blog post so I thought I would tell about our weekend. It is labor day and we have had so much fun!! We love the Monterey Bay area! It is BEAUTIFUL and you can find lots of fun things to do.
On Fri we went to a tiny town about 1 1/2 hrs north along HWY 1 (goes along the pacific coastline) called Pescadero. We saw a restaurant featured there on food network and decided to go try it out. Near the town was also a beautiful, historic lighthouse we stopped at. We also went to a beach with a ton of tide pools and Dave and Bela had a blast looking for critters. They found 2 live hermit crabs and Bela was so excited. She brought them back to me in her bucket for my "surprise". Diego loved it and only tried to eat sand about 3 times which is a definite improvement. Of course I was constantly fighting him to stop from running straight into the ocean. He has no fear. Then along the way home we stopped at a strawberry farm and country store where we could pick our own strawberries and the kids LOVED doing that. (Dave maybe even more than them but he is TRULY a kid at heart). We also bought delicious ollieberry pie and Hot Strawberry Cider. The coolest part was everything was done on an honor system and they had the till out on the counter for you to pay and make your own change. Talk about trusting.
Today (Mon) we went to a greek festival on the warf and had some excellent food! (Yes, I have eaten way too much this weekend!) There are festivals here all the time! Next weekend is an Italian Festival so I think we will definitly hit that one up. Then after naps we went to an organic farm here to pick our own fresh herbs, go through the corn maze, and do other fun kid activities.
All in all a fun, relaxing weekend!




2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!! I love the blog background, looks really good! I'm happy you have one now!
yeah!!! Another Blogger!!! Bela and Emma were the ones who had no interest in the pizza. They were really intent on climbing the tree as many times as possible. They were so cute.
Post a Comment